DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. THIS MEANS I WILL MAKE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE, AT NO COST TO YOU.
Let’s make some zucchini fritters!!! My mom and I found a viral recipe, and we wanted to try it out. We slightly modified the recipes to add some improvements. Let me know in the comments if you decide to try it. Watch our video below:
SHOP THIS POST:
- Meat Slicer or Veggie Peeler
- 3 Zucchini
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Ground Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Eggs, whipped
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Pepper, or Tony Chacheries for more kick
- 4 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 10-15 Toothpicks
- Cut ends off zucchini. Slice it in very thin layers. We used our meat slicer, which worked great but a vegetable peeler would work fine. Dry pieces with paper towel to absorb extra moisture.
- Heat vegetable oil in heavy pan. Get it hot, but not too hot
- While oil heats, cut mozzarella into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, place flour, eggs, parmesan, and bread crumbs into separate bowls. We whipped the eggs with milk. Season the bread crumbs with salt, pepper, and/or Tony Chacheries
- Place 2 pieces of zucchini into a cross. Put a piece of mozzarella in the center. Pull the BOTTOM sections to meet in the center, then grab the other section and secure with a toothpick. We occasionally needed to use 2.
- Dip in flour, egg wash, Parmesan and seasoned bread crumbs. We used a spoon to make this part a little easier.
- Carefully put zucchini into hot oil. We used a ladle and were able to add 4-5 at a time. Cover with anti-splatter shield and cook for 2 minutes. Lower heat if it appears to be too hot.
- Remove to paper towel covered plate, and continue to the next batch.
- When cool enough to eat, dip in marinara sauce and enjoy.